[24hoursupport] zonealarm preventing net access at high setting on network

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:56:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I hope this reaches the list b/c it seems like my last few posts didn't get
through.  Anyway, I finally got my file sharing thing working, but now I'm
paranoid about my firewall protection (Zonealarm Free Edition, regularly
updated).  I have it on both computers but i have it on medium setting for
internet on my desktop (the primary connection).  I use internet connection
sharing to use the net.  i usually use high setting for my desktop in internet
zone but that would mean i can't access internet on my laptop.  i have the ip
address of my network adapter under the trusted zone on the zonealarm on my
desktop.

can anyone help me figure out how to keep zonealarm at the high setting and
still be able to access the internet on my laptop?

i thought i did everything in the zonealarm help guide but maybe the ip address
i used is incorrect for trusted zone.  i used belarc advisor to find the ip.
thanks to anyone who tries to help :)