[24hoursupport] Re: zonealarm preventing net access at high setting on network

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:13:08 -0400

 To find the IP of your laptop you'll need to click on Start / Run and type
"cmd" and run that.  At the command prompt type in "ipconfig".  That should
give you the IP that it has at least for this session.  Problem is, that IP
can change if you are set to obtain IP's automatically.  Included in the
information that you will see with the IP is the subnet mask and the
gateway.  Post the IP, subnet, and gateway here and either myself or someone
else that sees it before me can tell you what range of IP's to plug into
Zone Alarm to allow access.