[24hoursupport] Re: Crash Analysis Report

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:28:18 -0400

Have you applied the recent update to Windows Error Reporting?  I know
Windows Error Reporting was always intended to provide fix information if it
was available but never quite delivered on the process.  They recently put
out an update at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=a1c6
c3d8-5053-436e-b898-9cd995292baa that claims to improve the error reporting
process and offer more fixes.  I'm the suspicious type so my guess is that
non microsoft companies are paying some sort of fee to have their fixes come
up in an error report.  I would follow the suggested fix only to the point
of realizing that you need to remove spyware from your system.  Do that
using Spybot and/or Ad-aware.  See my previous lengthy post on how to do
that if you're not up on it.