[24hoursupport] Re: zonealarm preventing net access at high setting on network

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I wasn't sure what the IP address of my laptop was.  I don't know how to
determine it either, I thought it  was winipcfg but I can't do that on XP Home
or Pro.  I tried to use the one from Belarc but I'm still not sure if it's
right since it's not allowing access through high settings.  Anyone know how to
find the ip address of a computer?

Oh, and I don't think the ip is static, I think it is assigned automatically?
I remember seeing that in properties of my connection.

Thank you, Spider! :-)
Spider <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lene,
I don't use Zone Alarm, but I would assume that if you put the IP addresses
of any other workstations on your network in the Trusted Sites then you
should be able to do what you want. Does your connection sharing require
you to set a static IP on each work station? If you don't use static then
you should put in the range of IP's that your connection sharing is using to
issue IP's to the workstations.