[24hoursupport] Re: SBWatchdog.exe

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:25:27 +1000

Just to put my 2 cents in.
I also think is part of Sound Blaster Card.
If you only install the Drivers it does not appear.
But if you install from the CDROM via the built-in Menu and you install all
the software add ons that comes with the Card.
It is then it gets installed

>I don't know if it means anything, but I have a
>new Soundblaster Live! card, but no such file in
>the system.

Yeah, it was just a guess. I have a SB Live too, and no watchdog file. Also
nothing about it on the Creative web site. Or anything useful from a Google
search. That's why I suggested the properties test to see if a company name
is there, that would potentially tell us a lot about what it might be or at
least where to start looking for answers. I thought it might be a Creative
file, possibly from a leftover old AWE or SB16 installation; I seem to
remember that my old AWE32 driver install did create a directory named
SBUtils, so it rang a bell for me.

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

---