[24hoursupport] Re: SBWatchdog.exe

  • From: bls <brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 00:19:38 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm#S
> Spyware utility installed by the manufacturers of
> some
> laptops (Sony) used to monitor browsing habits and
> send
> them back to whoever installed it - released by
> SoftBank. <snip>

Thanks, Mike.  I checked that link, quite interesting.
 So Packard Bell/NEC preinstalled spyware in their
computers, mighty nice of them. (not!)  I don't have
ZoneAlarm at the moment and considering past problems
I've had and that I have a dialup connection, I'm not
sure I'll use that particular firewall again.  I sure
do miss having a firewall, though.  I've only just got
AVG installed and thus far no problems with the
computer.  I might give Tiny Personal Firewall a try.

I have never yet found any evidence of SBWatchdog.exe
doing anything yet, even when I did have ZoneAlarm it
never showed anything.  I will remove it from my
startup list, however, because I don't think it's
necessary.

Brenna

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at