[24hoursupport] RAM Upgrade

  • From: Lethier <ljethier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:58:25 -0700

I am trying to upgrade RAM on a Toshiba Satellite 1800 series notebook. The
RAM that the salesmen sold me was Azenram 128mb 133hz. My notebook has two
slots and can be upgraded to 512mb. Currently, I have Samsung 128mb 100hz in
slot 1. When I install the new RAM in slot 2 and keep the old RAM in slot 1,
my notebook starts, the hard drive inidicator momentarily lights up, and
then I get nothing (a dark screen). When I reverse the two RAM chips the
same thing happens. However, when I use the new RAM chip alone in either
slot, I experience no difficulties. I have updated my BIOS. What could be
causing this problem?

Thanks
lethier

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at