[24hoursupport] Re: unsetvacation

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:22:08 -0600

George,

First, you are sending to the wrong address. You are sending the command=
 messages to the list address, not the list command address. The address to=
 use to control your membership through email is=
 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Second, you are not sending proper commands. For example, there is a space=
 between "unset" and "vacation". The commands must be exactly correct for=
 them to work.

Please see the complete instructions, which can be found on this list's=
 information site at http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/ where you can=
 also manage your membership to this list through a web interface. That URL=
 appears at the bottom of every message to the list :) It __may__ be=
 changing soon, I am considering getting my own domain and if/when I do the=
 site will be moved from my personal web space. If/when it does, I'll=
 change the URL in the footer of messages.

Although I use Calypso, I have never used the auto-respond feature. I'm not=
 sure if that question is part of the errant command messages or not; if it=
 is, I think you may not quite understand what the auto-responder is=
 supposed to do :) You can use the auto-responder to reply to any emails=
 you receive with a standard message, usually used to send an "out of=
 office" message or similar. AFAIK, you have to have Calypso set to=
 automatically check email periodically for this to work; it assumes you=
 don't want the message sent if you check mail manually. If that isn't the=
 problem, then we would have to go through it step-by-step to see what's=
 happening.

HTH,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at