[24hoursupport] Re: .NET Framework Service Pack 2 Not Installing

  • From: Barry Aronson <baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 00:07:44 -0500

At 23:48 9/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Is anyone else having problems installing .NET Framework SP2? The install
sits there for hours and never completes, I have let it sit overnight (10+
hours). I can't find anything on the MS site, maybe some of you folks who
seem to have a knack for finding stuff there can find something but I see
nothing. A few of the issues that this SP addresses affects me directly and
I would like to install it.

Both the web install and the downloadable installer  behave the same. I
have turned everything else off for the install, including AV software and
all the other things I can turn off too, doesn't change anything. I've
tried searching the web and the only thing I came up with are several
reports that the install "went off without a hitch" and one problem that
doesn't appear, at least, to be the same as mine.

Windows XP Pro, all other updates installed, P3 1GHz, 256MB RAM.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron! I do not know if this will help or if you have seen it already, but this page is the most informative on a solution or alternative for you. The update is not necessary but as usual M$ has recommended it unless there is a reason not to download it.

It is cumulative so EVEN though you did not have SP1 installed SP2 would work just fine. I personally have never installed the .NET run time so this is all new to me.

Here it is: http://asp101.com/aspdotnet/version1sp2/default.asp

Barry ~ baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx