[24hoursupport] Re: .NET Framework Service Pack 2 Not Installing

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:35:21 -0500

>I tend to assume that everyone has large hard drives and that drive
>space is not an issue.  Is that the case with you?

Oops. Yes I have large hard drives, but unfortunately yes drive space may
be an issue. One data partition that I have mounted is very nearly 100%
full, and there is just under 1 gig left on my C:\ partition. I'm trying to
get ready to reformat and reinstall, since it was a bad install of Crystal
Reports Developer that refuses to uninstall that is eating up a huge amount
of that space. With my schedule it's tough to find the time to do all the
backups and stuff, and since the machine is mostly running well enough I
was going to just keep plugging for now. Still, the C:\ partition is more
full than I'd prefer it but it's not really to the brim and my swap file is
on a physically different drive. I wonder if the install requires **that**
much space on C:\ to complete. BTW, scandisk finds no errors on any of my
partitions, and the C:\ partition has recently (ca. 3 weeks ago) been
defragmented.

Thanks,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at