[24hoursupport] .NET Framework Service Pack 2 Not Installing

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:48:44 -0500

Is anyone else having problems installing .NET Framework SP2? The install
sits there for hours and never completes, I have let it sit overnight (10+
hours). I can't find anything on the MS site, maybe some of you folks who
seem to have a knack for finding stuff there can find something but I see
nothing. A few of the issues that this SP addresses affects me directly and
I would like to install it.

Both the web install and the downloadable installer  behave the same. I
have turned everything else off for the install, including AV software and
all the other things I can turn off too, doesn't change anything. I've
tried searching the web and the only thing I came up with are several
reports that the install "went off without a hitch" and one problem that
doesn't appear, at least, to be the same as mine.

Windows XP Pro, all other updates installed, P3 1GHz, 256MB RAM.

Thanks,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at