[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Trackball opinions/advice

  • From: "Murray White" <phymur@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:54:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <camrie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 12:13 PM
Subject: [1stPickPCHelp] Trackball opinions/advice

I have experience from many years ago with a Mouseman
> that had a thumb ball which I found very stressing on my hand.

for years, I have used the Logitech Trackball and my current version is the
cordless wheel mouse. I find the use of the thumb to work the best
particularly when doing drag/drop because the thumb will pronate more than a
finger which is what is required with a central ball like the Marble mouse.

I'd like to purchase a
> trackball with a larger ball in the center like the Kensington or Logitech
Marble Mouse (which
> is really a trackball).

Until a few weeks ago, I was not familiar with the Kensington but having
seen it at a friends computer station, I can see that because the ball is
more centrally positioned and is much larger, it can be operated via fingers
or thumb so this choice might well be a good one.

I do have 2 mouses operating on my computer as when I added the Wacom
Graphire 2 tablet, it came with a cordless mouse--the new style--can't
remember the technical name. However, I still don't like moving the whole
darn mouse around as that appears to have more potential for carpal tunnel
problems than does the trackball.

Nice to have both though just in case one does not work. Just d/l'd a mouse
program that will convert the keypad into a mouse--freeware. When installed
that gives one more option. Never can have too much redundancy lol.

Murray White ICQ 660718 Pal Talk 3616767
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe