[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Remote debugging: IDE project path vs. actual file path

  • From: Jan Drabner <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:17:56 +0100

You may try something like this: add the following fragment at the end
of mobdebug.lua (before "return")

mobdebug.basedir = function(b) if b then basedir = b end return basedir end

You can then call it from your script with something like
require("mobdebug").basedir([[../../scripts/]]); note that you should
be using "Unix" path separators (even when running on Windows) and
it's one of those things that I'd prefer not to expose.
Works like a charm!
If someone else is trying this, too, it has to be called AFTER require("mobdebug").start(), like this:

require('mobdebug').start()
require('mobdebug').basedir([[../../scripts/]])

Thank you for the reminder ;). I actually made the changes I was
planning to make to enable tooltip callbacks (get the latest code from
github) and also added a plugin that you can use as a starting point
(https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBranePackage/blob/master/referencepanel.lua).
When you enable the reference panel (View | Reference Window) all
tooltips will be shown in that window; when it's hidden, the tooltips
are going to be shown normally. You can apply whatever processing you
want to those tooltips; for example, you can replace *foo* with foo
that will be shown using "bold" style (with a bit of Scintilla magic)
and so on. I think it may be enough as a starting point. That
reference window behaves in the same way as all other "additional"
windows in ZBS: outline, document view, stack, watch, etc (although I
made to always be docked; this can be changed).
I'll answer that on the original post.