[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Remote debugging: IDE project path vs. actual file path

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:46:44 -0700

Hi Jan,

> Hey, I just tested this on Linux and unfortunately, it does not work there.
> The debugger starts, but no breakpoints will work.

Just to be clear, you are doing debugging of the app running on Linux
from the IDE running also on Linux, not cross-platform debugging?

Also, the project structure and the project directory setup are
exactly the same as the one you showed before?

I'd be interested to see the content of the Output window when you
start debugging and what is the value returned by
"debug.getinfo(1,"S").source" in those places where the debugging
doesn't work.

> So, it works on Windows without currently viewing that file (it just has to
> be open somewhere or autoactivate must be on).
> On Linux, only if the file is currently viewed. Which is strange, as I
> thought that is what the basedir-function is for. :)

Do you get "Mapped remote request" message when you run on Linux? if
you do, what are the paths shown in this case?

Paul.