[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Remote debugging: IDE project path vs. actual file path

  • From: Jan Drabner <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:14:24 +0100

Just to be clear, you are doing debugging of the app running on Linux
from the IDE running also on Linux, not cross-platform debugging?
Yup.

Also, the project structure and the project directory setup are
exactly the same as the one you showed before?
Not exactly the same. The basic structure is this:

--gamedir
----bin
------platform_name
--------executable
----scripts
------startup.lua
------other_script_files_n_folders

So, startup.lua is now inside the scripts folder, no longer directly in gamedir.
However, this exact setup works on Windows.

I'd be interested to see the content of the Output window when you
start debugging and what is the value returned by
"debug.getinfo(1,"S").source" in those places where the debugging
doesn't work.

I am again on a different machine, so I can't offer that right now. I can post
the info on Monday, though :)

Do you get "Mapped remote request" message when you run on Linux? if
you do, what are the paths shown in this case?
If the startup.lua file is the one currently being viewed (the case in which it works), I get that message with the path "../". Otherwise, I do not get that message.