[ZeroBrane Studio] Remote debugging with statically linked LuaJIT?

  • From: jan@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:45:40 +0200

Hey,

As a follow-up question to "Change the tooltip formatting via interpreter? How to distribute interpreter & api?", I started looking into remote debugging. It does seem doable, but I wonder how it could be done in our case:

We have compiled LuaJIT (5.1, but we could upgrade to 5.2 if really required) ourselves statically with MinGW and linked our program against it. Will that still allow the remote debugging via package.path and package.cpath modification or does that only allow the 3rd path, copying mobdebug.lua and having to include luasocket ourselves?

If only the 3rd option is an actual option for us, how would we do that? I know how to compile luasocket and this post shows how to put it into preload: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2197144/how-could-i-embedded-socket-in-lua-internally-just-like-oslib-debuglib

But what I do not understand is where I should put the resulting mime and socket dll files and the bunch of lua files that are also part of the mix. Is it enough to just put the dll just into the app directory and the lua files into our root scripting directory?

That really does not seem to be explained anywhere.