Re: [Wittrs] Wittgenstein on Machines and Thinking

  • From: kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:24:34 -0500

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Han Geurdes <han.geurdes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kirby,
> Your post is so very long. I agree fully with the introductory remarks
> however. And if I understand the people from SPSP in the right way,
> politics
> is never far away in all science and philosophical adventures. Every claim
> has political consequences from grant funding to suppressing some pet
> lower-thought forms of existence. My toaster can give quite a few lectures
> on that.

Yes, Han, and no need to quote all of it.  It's what I do in lieu of
publishing.  But then keeping track of URIs is a nebulous business.

Disk space is inexpensive.  I'm imagining not using wood pulp, and
feeling OK about it.

I'm also role modeling for my students.  "More allusions to film!"
They see what I mean.

Kirby