[Wittrs] Strawson on Experience and Experiencers

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:18:59 -0500

Cayuse wrote:

>Joseph Polanik wrote:

>>what is known is that there is experience and there is experiencing;
>>but, no way to explain that fact without inferring that there is an
>>experiencer. for one example, your own attempt to explain how there is
>>experience without anything that experiences failed miserably.

>More foot stamping? Show me where it fails.

the last time this issue came up, we got to the point where you admitted
that there is experiencing (of an afterimage, to be specific); but, you
then declined to explain how it was possible that there is experiencing
an afterimage while there is nothing experiencing an afterimage. you
abandoned the argument at that point; hence, it failed.

Joe