[wisb] Re: Madison -- Long-eared Owl heard in Arboretum

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dhandler68@xxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb] Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:15:25 -0600

I would encourage anyone trying for this owl to be extremely judicious about
playing any owl calls in this area.  We need to keep in mind the birder's
code of ethical behavior, and don't want to chase this owl from its chosen
habitat.  Please don't play recordings in an attempt to bring the owl in for
a closer look.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.