[wisb] Madison -- Long-eared Owl heard in Arboretum

  • From: Nolan Pope <npope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 04:50:55 -0600

Last night (Wed), I heard the Long-eared Owl call in the Arboretum.   It
was a lower pitched call than I expected, but another birder had a
recording, and it matched.  (The recording included at least a couple
very different pitched calls.).

We were at the small parking spaces near the east entrance to the
Arboretum,  off Mills Street.   The parking space is across from the
Gardner Marsh boardwalk.

Nolan Pope
Madison