[wisb] Re: Madison -- Long-eared Owl heard in Arboretum

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:18:10 -0600

I want to second Tom Schultz's plea here. Long-ears are subject to
predation by Great Horned Owls, and within the past few years there has
been a GHO nest site NOT very far from this location. In the interest of
the bird, please just give a listen - no physical interaction should take
place here.
Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co.

Post-doctoral Researcher