[wisb] Great Blue Heron Waukesha Cty

  • From: chadbulen@xxxxxxx
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:53:39 +0000

Bad decisions...
That's the "nature moment" I just witnessed. I was driving thru Merton this
morning and my truck's dash temp was reading  17 degrees. I passed over the
Bark River and standing in the frigid water was a Great Blue Heron. I smile
every time I see these birds, they remind me of a grouchy old man in a rain
coat sulking over their decisions.  Well this poor guy was looking quite
miserable as his/her legs were being iced in. Best of luck to you Mr.
Heron...spring will be here soon.

Chad

Ps. Saw three Northern Shrikes on hwy 127 near Briggsville  Columbia cty(?)
yesterday