[windows2000] SUS

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:01:38 +0100

Stumbling from bloody RIS to SUS now I'm afraid, life's one big acronym :-)

Our SUS seems to have stopped working, or at least part of it.  The main SUS
server sync's with MS each day no problem, we approve what we want/need to
and the Domain Policy is set to apply this to all PC's at 7am.  Now here's
the strange thing - only some PC's get the updates / others show absolutely
no sign of activity in that area - yet all PC's are SP4 Win2K PRO !  The
policy is set to tell the clients to locate the SUS server by it's IP
address so no resolution issues ?  Anyone got any suggestions or seen this
before ?

Cheers

Mark