[windows2000] Re: SUS

  • From: beers@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:02:51 +0200 (CEST)

> and the Domain Policy is set to apply this to all PC's at 7am.  Now here's
> the strange thing - only some PC's get the updates / others show
> absolutely
> no sign of activity in that area - yet all PC's are SP4 Win2K PRO !  The
> policy is set to tell the clients to locate the SUS server by it's IP
> address so no resolution issues ?  Anyone got any suggestions or seen this
> before ?

SUS reporting is hmmm.., lets say sub-par. To get -any- reporting you have
to install MS SQL server, and configure the IIS with some scripts you can
find on susserver.com

an easy way out is to parse the logs online.

Perhaps this link will help you: www.pdxconsulting.com/sus/

You can feed it the log files, and it will display human understandeble
error codes, with IP adress from the clients visible.

My logfiles are found in  winnt\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1\*

Good luck,

Gr Richard