[windows2000] Re: SUS

  • From: beers@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:42:43 +0200 (CEST)

1. Stop the "Automatic Updates"  service
2. Check that the "AUstate" reg value at
HKLM\SW\MS\Windows\CV\WindowsUpdate\AutUpdate\ is set to "2"
3. Delete the "LastWaitTimeout" reg value at
HKLM\SW\MS\Windows\CV\WindowsUpdate\AutoUpdate\
4. Start the "Automatic Updates" service

It will take approx. 10 minutes for it to start detecting...

Thanks to a FAQ entry at SUSserver.com

(Note to BillG: this -could- be done easier)

Gr Richard