[windows2000] Re: SUS

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:16:19 -0500

Okay, fine, I can debate for a little bit I suppose.  :]  Why do I care
if someone else wastes his time?  I don't know.  Should I care if I see
a stranger getting stabbed in the neck?  I think so.  But the whole
thing with multiposting is one of those "netiquette" things that's
certainly older than my own Internet history.  It's more of a benefit
for the person doing the multiposting to be informed that he's violated
rules of "netiquette."  I think this page sums it up nicely.
http://www.aspfaq.com/5003  People who habitually multipost wind up
getting ignored by the regulars who have answers to their questions 9
times out of 10.  And who does this hurt?  No one but the person with
the question.

But hopefully you can see that it's rude to go somewhere, ask someone a
question, then go elsewhere, ask someone else that same question, get an
answer from the second person, and then be on your way.  Meanwhile, the
first person you asked is giving of his own time freely working on an
answer for the person who asked the question, but then that person never
returns, since he has an answer already.  I've been burned many times by
this, and it is a bit offensive.  Regardless of any of this, I've found
that it's typically best to go along with "netiquette" rules even when I
disagree with them (with the exception of top-quoting  [:).

Ray at work

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.