[windows2000] Re: OT: SATA Hard Drives

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:07:02 -0800

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:41:20 +0100, "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took
time to say the following:

SS> > That's probably the biggest possible setback, but while I don't
SS> > re-install as much as I use to, it's not a HUGE problem. Sometimes it's
SS> > good to start off with a clean slate. :-)
SS>
SS> Yeah, it is. I just recently reinstalled my admin-workstation, and it is
SS> faster now. Besides the fact that some small irritating problems (mainly
SS> releted to office oand outlook) have just vanished.

It's amazing what a clean install will cure! :-) I use to use Outlook.
Used OE for a minute or so.

SS> > I would say it's faster by a minute or two. Never thought of timing it,
SS> > but it was a noticable difference.
SS>
SS> That much??! What hardware do you have and what do you load when booting,
SS> for it to take such time? Have you defragged lately?

I don't have as much starting up as I use to have, that's for sure.
What I have is a MSI MB (too lazy to look up the specs). AMD Athlon 2500
(Barton), 1GB 400mhz ram, 2-80GB drives one 200GB SATA drive. (soon to
be two) MSI GeForce FX-5200 video card. A CD burner, a DVD burner and a
DVD-ROM drive. Not a screamer, but maybe one day I'll be able to get
that "ultimate" computer. :-)

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels