[windows2000] Re: OT: SATA Hard Drives

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:45:59 -0800

Well I'll probably (or better) put the Linux idea off for now.  Get the
basic stuff out the way first. :-)

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 20:30:20 +0000, Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx> took time to say
the following:

D> Yup yup - 2k, XP and 2003 only for software RAID. You also won't be able to
mount those drives under linux, even though they're really NTFS (at least you
couldnt last time I tried, they may have progressed with it now). 9x is most
definitely not supported.

D> If you're looking at non NT based OSes, go for hardware, its a universal
thing. The controller presents the OS just a big single disk, so any OS can use
it, in theory.

D> Andrew

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels