[windows2000] OT: SATA Hard Drives

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:40:33 -0800

I am planning on buying a second 200GB hard drive and experiment with a
RAID array and I was wondering if it is advisable/recommended to buy the
same name brand? This is more out of curiosity because I buy nothing but
WD drives. From what I read, that is, if I understood it correctly is
that by doing the RAID that spreads the info on the two drives increases
reads/writes, especially for gaming. Is this true? Acutually I would
just like to have the extra real estate, but at least I can scratch
doing the RAID thing off my list of experiments! :-)  Plus, I have my
eye on that Seagate 500GB hard drive! ;-)

TIA

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels