(VICT) Re: Dog breeds

  • From: "AnnaLisa Anderson" <annalisa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:52:16 -0500

Hi Jill and All,
I'm pretty behind here, but I just wanted to respond to Jilll's comment
about chocolate labs.  All the chocolates I have met have been very sweet
and gentle.  My last guide named Megan, who was also my first, was a
chocolate lab, and you could not have asked for a sweeter, smarter dog.  She
didn't have a mean bone in her body; she was very good with all animals and
young kids, and she even had a sense of humor.  She was a licker though; I
liked to say she was the lickinest dog I ever knew.  She would lick anything
she could get her tongue on, but she also gave the gentlest little kisses.
I used to call them warm velvet, because that is what it felt like.  I was
very fortunate to have her as my first guide.  My trainer at the time told
me she was one of his favorites, and he had a very hard time parting with
her.  I wish I'd known about clicker training when I had her; she would have
been great at it.

AnnaLisa and Sundance

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM