(VICT) Re: Dog breeds

  • From: Jill Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 03:18:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi AnnaLisa,
I wish I had known about clicker training in years gone by. During my
college days, I managed to pay some bills at times by training dogs for
basic obedience. Of ocurse I used a lot of the traditional methods which
never felt right to me. I think some of the owners needed leash
corrections, but the dogs sure didn't.

My comments about chocolate labs were based on a few people I know who own
boarding kennels. Due to some very bad experiences, they had stopped
accepting GSD's and chocolate labs. I, personally, have not had any
problem with chocolates. And, also, keep in mind that the schools are
generally getting chocolates from their own lines, not from the gene pool
of pets that have been so heavily bred.

Jill