(VICT) Re: Dog breeds

  • From: Jill Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:47:10 -0400 (EDT)

Goldens do interest me. I have been around alot of pet goldens and they
seem to be a nice mix of sweetness and toughness. Do you have to put a lot
of work in on grooming. I really used to enjoy grooming my collie. It was
a relaxing bonding time. After having three surgeries on my right arm for
carpal tunnel related injuries, I just don't have the arm and wrist
strength to do much of it anymore. It really bothers me if my dog doesn't
look neat when we go out. I feel that way about all of my dogs, but a
guide should be especially neat and clean.

I live in Philly, but I am on the edge in an area that has more of a
suburban feel. I am lucky in that reguard. The time commitment is going to
be the tough part. Between my job, taking care of the house and all of my
dogs, I am kept pretty busy. I am currently working on various clicker
exercises with two of my dogs and that is hard to fit in some times. I
would really have to rearrange my life a bit to do this.

Jill