[uae] OS X configuration editor updated

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:56:42 +0100

Hi-Toro 0.5.2 is available for download.

Changes in this update:
- Spotlight searching for ROM files and disk images.
- Hi-Toro now associates itself with ADZ and HDZ files.
- Larger icon sizes for Leopard.
- Minor changes to the interface and online help.

I was given a copy of Amiga Forever 2008 by the nice people at Cloanto and I have been investigating the possibility of supporting their XADML configuration format. Unfortunately I'm not happy with the quality of the XADML definitions in the files included with AF2008 (too many assumptions of arbitrary paths and file names) so for now that plan is on hold.

Instead I've implemented a Spotlight search function to help users search for disk images and ROM files in the zillion folders with cryptic names on the AF2008 disc. The function is rudimentary and can sometimes be quite slow but it beats the heck out of searching the AF2008 disc manually. In Hi-Toro's path fields, type in one or more words that appear in the file name of the ROM or ADF you are looking for and then click the Spotlight icon. You'll get the idea. ;)

Download:
http://www.pimley.net/projects/
http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/Hi-Toro.dmg.zip

Regards,