[THIN] Re: ica fails to launch

  • From: Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:32:43 -0500

Jason,

I've seen behavior like this if your using per device TS Cals and are out
of TS Cals.

New users will be able to launch apps just fine with a temporary TS Cal,
but once that expires they're done.

Try deleting the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing registry key (make a
backup first, just in case).

I've also seen it where the user doesn't have enough rights to write the
permanent TS Cal information to the MSLicensing key in the registry.

Tony

"Gardiner, Jeffrey (MED US)" <jeffrey.gardiner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/20/2007 12:10 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: ica fails to launch

If that doesn't work, have the user install Program Neighborhood (just as
a test).  That way the client can be started manually and it may uncover
an issue.

You can also have the user try the Java client (if you're using one of the
newer NFuse versions it can be a option under the user's control).

If you can have the user crank up NetMeeting you may be able to remotely
control the PC and run FILEMON to see what's really happening.