[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba VCR M-684C doesn't record channel pre-programmed in.

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:53:38 -0500

Yes, I believe you are correct. When I manually turn it on, it comes on
in TV mode and when play is pressed, it of course switches to VCR mode.
If I manually press record, it will change to VCR mode and the signal
from the chosen channel is recorded. But when I program the timer to
record, it comes on in TV mode and does not record the signal from the
channel I chose.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4
Fax: (519)821-1530
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Jim Myers wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the unit SHOULD turn on in tv mode, otherwise it would
> interrupt what you are watching. That does not mean it is not recording the
> proper channel.
> Jim Myers
> Since 1972
> Telrad Electronic Services Co.