[TechAssist] Re: Question on Hitachi 50v500a

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:57:07 -0500

Well so far the only test I know is to check for 230V dc on the main line
going into the ballast, I'd like to check the transformer area with a probe
and see if inductive pickup works on these transformers, just like we do
with IHVT's......right now, if I don't hear diddly coming from the ballast,
either within one minute of the fans coming on in the LCDs or within 20
seconds of the color wheel spinning up on the DLPs, then I suspect the
ballast blown....of course you have to have a quiet room for this...

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815