[TechAssist] Re: More help needed -GE JVM140H Range hood Spacemaker 1400 No heat.

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Roger-Can you use a variac and go on the primary of HiV Xfmr? Start low and
measure HiV tap to see what's what.Are you not getting HiV ? can you brief me
again on what's going on w/microwave.Is the filament supply part of the xfmr?
Some GE's like the JVM series I just finished use a separate fil.
xfmr.Certailly we should be able to dope this out...........Regards,
Pete
Roger G <rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alignment is good - Ck'd continuity using door itself.
Also ck'd high voltage side by putting 110v to transformer.
BTW, did not see any secondary high voltage tap from transformer as mentioned.
Will go over ckt bd with magnifier - sounding more and more like micro [?]
Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It
Harrisburg, PA 17110 WebSite- http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
FAX 510-740-3641; Tel: 717-763-7098 (shop) 717-652-1703(home)

http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".

Peter Neal
Neal Electronics
1905 E. Wm.Cannon