[TechAssist] Re: More help needed -GE JVM140H Range hood Spacemaker 1400 No heat.

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 10:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Roger-Before I go on the GE answer center # is 18006262000 and the place to
get complete schema is 18006262002. Can you remove all HIv by pulling off the
wire at the xfmr tap and energize cook fcn then check the 3VAC filament
presence ? That done I have used a HiV  probe in reverse to check the HiV.Now
this can be DANGEROUS-I clip the normal HIV ground to the HiV at the diode or
maggie then ground the tip of the probe then get the heck away while I observe
the meter's slight rise when in cook mode.If your probe pointer is zeroed
properly,you can see the slight rise when HiV is present in cook mode.Of course
after this test,short out your cap to relieve the stored charge.To me,all a
working maggie needs is the fil,the HiV, and a magnetic cavity to sustain uwave
oscillations.Does this help-Hope you have a happy and SAFE 4th of
July..............Regards,
Pete
hivolts <hivolts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have also seen the hv diode cause the same thing the ones I have seen the
diode ck's good but was bad and I had no heat

Chuck Staples
Staples TV
Phippsburg Maine 04562

hivotls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 8:53 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: More help needed -GE JVM140H Range hood Spacemaker
1400 No heat.

> Roger,
>
> You said you changed the three microswitches. I think you said the
> symptom changed when you did that. I can't help but wonder if I wired it
> wrong, or used an N.O. switch in place of an N.C. contact switch. Most
> of those microwaves came with a wiring diagram. Sound like you need to
> find one.
>
> Good luck.
>

> Ken Smith
> Gulf Technical Services
> 3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
> Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
> 850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)
>

> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:20:39 -0400 Roger G
> writes:
> > Hi Pete-
> > To answer your questions -
> > I am getting Hi voltage when I connect the Xformer to 110v so all
> > HiV
> > components are OK.
> > Filament winding is on main Xformer.
> > The front ckt bd has 5 small relays, one medium sized and one large
> > one.
> > The relays are marked for function - like Vent- On/Off; Light -
> > bright;
> > light night etc. This is an over the range unit with light and vent.
> > One relay (small) is marked Main and this is the one that clicks
> > when
> > Microwave Start button is pressed.
> > All the small relays are the same so I swapped out the Main with
> > another -
> > no better.
> >
> > This is what happens -
> > Set time cook - hit Start. Unit starts up but no heat.
> > If I open the door, fan stops, light comes on BUT timer keeps
> > counting
> > down !!
> > If I close the door, power starts up without having to hit START
> > - still
> > no heat.
> > If the door is open when the time runs out, a relay clicks.
> > If the door is closed, beeper beeps and shows END.
> >
> > As mentioned, timer keeps running down even when door is opened.
> > START
> > button is also the PAUSE button.
> > Tried hitting the Start/Pause button during cycle - relay would
> > click and
> > timer would stop.
> > 99% sure it is NOT a microswitch interlock.
> > The coil of the Main relay goes thru some transistors which I figure
> > are
> > controlled by the microprocessor. The Xistors are marked C815-Y and
> > R1005.
> > I can swap the R1005 with another on the board but C815 is the only
> > one.
> > The C815-y crosses to a NTE289A.
> > The R1005 crosses to
> > NTE Device Number: NTE5404
> > SCR-200 VRM,0.8A,TO-92.
> >
> > Now if the SCR is locking up, wouldn't this keep the relay
> > activated??
> >
> > The only other thing I can figure is that the CPU is not getting the
> > signal
> [...]

Peter Neal
Neal Electronics
1905 E. Wm.Cannon