[TechAssist] Re: Mode switch for these combos fix and partnumber and cross

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:23:14 -0500

Gary,
So far, that hasn't been a problem. I still don't get a lot in for repair.
I give the customer a one year warranty on the unit as an added incentive. So
far,
this has worked for me. The customer has to agree to let me put used parts
(except
for belts), if need be. I have a couple hundred VCR's here that I use for spare
parts. I probably won't offer this forever. If other repairs pick up..I won't
have
to do VCR repairs.
If the unit will cost too much for me to repair, I offer them one of my nice
used
ones for $49.00.
Generally, I go by what they tell me the problem is...if it sounds too expensive
to repair, I will let them know up front.
Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics      Be careful of your thoughts.
501 Luther Rd                        They may become your words
Harrisburg, PA 17111                            any moment.
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com