[TechAssist] Re: Mode switch for these combos fix and partnumber and cross

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:03:22 -0500

We are fortunate not to have to depend on VCRs and combos for a significant
part of our business.  We charge a $30 fee up front for estimates, which
applies to the repair cost if the estimate is accepted.  We charge a minimum
of $40 labor for cleaning and very minor repairs.  For a mode switch
cleaning or replacement we charge $60 or $80 depending on the amount of
disassemble required.  This makes a lot of repairs not economical and we
explain this to the customer up front.  I can't justify charging less when
we could be doing TVs and RPTV and making money.  I figure a minimum of $60
an hour to keep the doors open.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World