[TechAssist] Re: Home-based business insurance

  • From: "Jeff Farnsworth" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:55:17 -0600

Years ago--had a guy walk in looking for an estimate on a 40' tower with
antenna amp and rotor installed.  I gave him the usual speil and at the end
he asked about ground rods---I said no way.  He looked shocked.  I told him
that every lightning hit tower that I had EVER been to had been grounded to
a rod or more--and the better it was grounded--the worst the damage---to
everything.  He then gave me the job and explained he didnt need me to come
until his new home got to a certain stage---ya see---he had his old tower
grounded to 3 rods---and cable grounds all over inside the house (do it your
selfer) thinking he'd be safer.  WRONG.  at least he got a new house out of
it.

TV Doctor
Avalon, Wi