[TechAssist] Re: Computer question: unnecessary files

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: becyn <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:08:58 -0800

Temp files don't cause the system to run slow?? I have seen plenty of
Windows systems running at a crawl when there were too many MB of
temps. They don't just take up space.

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

b> All deleting  files will do, is free up disk space. Only RUNNING
b> APPLICATIONS will slow the cpu!
b> You probably  have a mess of spybots in your system.-or worse maybe a
b> virus or two.
b> Get and run spybot s&d and ad-aware. Don't worry...they're free!
b> AVG has free anti-virus...so no excuses..OK? ;-)

b> Jim McVey
b> McVey Alltronix
b> 327 Broadway
b> Newburgh N.Y. 12550

b> *NOT* a NESDA member
b> Factory authorized
b> service for over 20
b> major brands.
b> 845 561 8383

b> Tvcr9@xxxxxxx wrote:

>>Hello folks-  My computer has slowed down a lot lately (operating  system is
>>Windows XP). One of the things I was advised to do by a local  tech is to
>>delete all unnecessary files. I went into my Add Remove Programs  area, but
>>I'm
>>having a tough time determining what programs I should keep and  which ones I
>>should remove. Is there a general, safe rule to follow here ?   Many thanks.
>>
>>Bill
>>Bill's Electronics
>>Chandler, Arizona

>>Lost Password: