[TechAssist] Re: Computer Question:

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:42:01 -0400

Mando;
I just bought a XIMETA NetDisk. (160 GiG).
Got it for $200 CAN. The drive is capable of connecting via USB or Network.
    When you get it set up..(Plug-And Play) very easy, you can transfer all
your OS to that drive. I have mine set up as a Network Disk, and all
computers(4) on the Network can read and write to that drive.

    The "write" priority is set up on each computer, the "read" is open
across the Network, unless you "password" it.

    Came in handy for me, since I can now hold all my PDF manuals, and other
Service Lit on the one hard drive.

    Since I have the Laptop with a small HD (30GIG), it comes in handy, not
having all the info sitting on the Hard Drive taking space.

    Do a Google search on XIMETA, and you will get the info. It's actually a
Samsung H/D. But works very well.

    Only problem I had originally was, since I use Mac and Windows, the
drive formats to NTFS by default, and Mac does not support NTFS.

    After I re-formatted to FAT32...all went well. Hard Drives (Internal)
are not that expensive any more, but this external one, filled my needs.

-Ed-

BTW...it's great for Backing up your Boot Drive.

I have no stocks in the company...just my point of view.