[TechAssist] Re: Computer Question

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:54:48 -0700

Hi Armando,

I Have a DOS program for resetting the BIOS password. I can e-mail it
to you. There are many free DOS programs for maintaining and repairing
PCs. When you're stuck it's always good to search the web. Lots of
good tips and often a program which will do the work for you.

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
760-924-1000

Saturday, October 2, 2004, 11:55:01 AM, you wrote:

ag> Thanks Scott.
ag> Good Idea.
ag> Mando
ag> Birdie's TV & Electronics
ag> Casa  Grande, AZ

ag> Scott Beebe wrote:

>> Hello armando,
>> You might want to try the "CMOS Clear" jumper to reset the BIOS. It may not
>> reset the BIOS password, but it's worth a try. If that does not work, the
>> google the motherboard model with the word
>> "password" or "password clear" being in the search. Good luck.
>>
>>  Thanx,
>>
>> Scott Beebe
>> Ohm Electronics Inc.
>> 609 W. Clinton St.
>> Ithaca NY 14850
>> Voice: (607) 273-8406
>> Fax: (607) 273-8743
>> WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
>> mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Saturday, October 2, 2004, 11:17:53 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> armando> I am trying to learn more about computers and I have one here that
>> I am
>> armando> messing around with. When its booting up,I press delete to get to
>> the
>> armando> setup menu and I do but its asking for the password which I don't
>> know.
>> armando> Would this be a bios password that its asking for or what? I wanted
>> armando> check all settings but cannot do so because its password protected.
>> armando> Is there a way to get pass this so that I can get into setup?
>> Thanks.
>> armando> Mando
>> armando> Birdie's TV & Electronics
>> armando> Casa  Grande,AZ