[TCUG] Re: old controller replacements

  • From: "Richard" <richardwberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:24:40 +0100

I think as an industry we are going to have to get used to shorter life
expectancy as key components are going to go out of circulation more
quickly. In many respects this is not necessarily an aspect the signal
controller manufacturers can control - once chip demand drops globally =
the
suppliers will cull the product from their catalogue.
So if the budget is to be controlled then maybe it is best to look at =
life
cycle costing and build in a replacement in year 12 or 15.=20
Lastly I think it is very easy to get into a false sense of security by
looking at fault records - as Bruce has experienced a reliable 70 /25 =
can
suddenly do some very strange things before expiring completely leaving =
you
chasing around in hurry to get things up and running - better to do
replacements in a controlled programme.

Richard Berry

Tel 01623 883790
Mob 07870 397069

All email and attachements are checked using Norton 2004. If you =
experience
any difficulty please contact me