[TCUG] Re: old controller replacements

  • From: "Bruce Slattery" <bruce_slattery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:05:33 +0100

On the same subject I had 2 30 year old type 70 controllers which had very =
low fault rates burn out within 2 months of each other last year. One of =
these on a highspeed road caused 4 accidents during the 3 days before we =
managed to cukoo the controller.

This to me was suffient to back up the use of a comprehensive assett =
management strategy to deal with old sites in an ordered manner.

Regards=20

Bruce Slattery
Traffic Signals and ITS Manager

=20

>>> Kevan.Fleckney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/30/04 11:10am >>>
Good questions.=20
I replaced a 29 year old Type 70 last year. The case was in good condition
and it was working perfectly.
I'd also be interested to know if there is a rule?

Kevan Fleckney

Sunny Torbay.