[tccrockets] Re: wireless Launcher

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 11:05:54 -0700

Thanks Jack,

Yes, this is the correct sequence to make it work and what we did all
weekend.

If you want to kill yourself, here is what you do:

1) Don't remove the safety interlock on the transmitter
2) Leave the alligator leads connected to the Receiver, connect igniter
leads to motor
3) Turn on the Receiver - it will make a beep beep beep and then you'll
hear the igniter pop and the rocket motor light

And the unit will turn on and fire the rocket if you do this.

This happened twice - once when Mike and I launched a Mad-Dog and once when
Dennis/Aidan were flying.
I spoke with them, showed them the above steps (which ARE in the manual)
and we never had an issue.

Clear example where you need to Read The F***in manual (RTFM) :-)

-James

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Jack Garibaldi <jackgaribaldi@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

James

Your sequence must be wrong if you are lighting igniters/rockets without
pushing any buttons

1. When you hook up igniter clips this wire should not be plugged
into the relay module

2. When you hook up relay module plug, your wireless relay module
should be off and the safety clip out

3. Now when you turn on Blue unit safety clip is out now put in
safety clip

4. If unit now goes off no one is by the rocket and you have a an
issue with unit

5. Unit will not turn on unless this sequence is followed

Jack