[tccrockets] Re: DA 2014

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jwkelly@xxxxxxxxxx" <jwkelly@xxxxxxxxxx>, sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Stoop <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jfd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 23:26:12 -0700

Hi Folks,

T-32hrs and counting... we are go for launch!

Mike Smith has the launch system prepped and will be onsite early on Friday
morning.

The Porta-potties have been cleaned and Ron Swenson will pick them up
Thursday evening. The extras will be delivered Friday AM.

The NOTAMS have been issued, I will open the FAA waiver from 9am-6PM  on
Friday, Saturday and Sunday to 17K MSL'.
Night operations on Saturday will be from nightfall to 10pm!

Confirmed vendors are below:

Lunch/Dinner - Boy Scouts (John Kelley)
Bay Area Rocketry (Mike Gentile)
FruityChutes (Gene Engelgau)
Real Flight Systems (me)
ERS (Shawn Stephens)
What's Up Hobbies (Jack Garibaldi)

Aaron will be onsite Thursday night and will be setting up the vendor area
and launch site; I will be there at O dark hundred on Friday AM to help.
If you plan to show up before Friday morning, please contact Aaron off
chat. What we'd really like is for people to show up early on Friday AM to
help setup.

John Kelley and the Scouts will be onsite Friday, make sure you let him
know if you will be having BBQ Tri-Tip Friday night
(I just sent out email on the sign-up sheet). The dinner menu can be found
here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlLPdurZbAe-dDZ3MjVLV3JmdzduV1NZLUNqbmRaZmc&hl=en_US

Ben Sandoval has acquired a high quality beer keg for Saturday - I won't
give it away here, but I am sure you'll be quite happy and
best of all it is from here in Central California! Hint, hint :-)

We have a raffle planned for Saturday, make sure to bring cash for some of
the killer prizes!
(special thanks to Whats up Hobbies, Mad Cow Rocketry, and Bay Area
Rocketry for the gift donations).

The weather in Helm this weekend will be 98 degrees on Friday, 90 degrees
on Saturday, and 83 on Sunday.
There will be a slight (6 mph) wind from the NW in the afternoons near
sundown and the end of operations.
Bring water, shade, and some sunscreen!

Location and how to get there: Follow the online instructions to the Del
Norte launch site, located online here:
http://www.tccrockets.com/documents/Del_Norte_Launch_Site.pdf

We will have the sign out there early morning on Friday and you can't miss
it. If you come before Thursday, again, call Aaron Thursday
for any logistics.

See y'all Friday morning!

Best regards,
-James