[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:09:58 -0600

I understand what you're saying, but this shortens Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and we are a nation of many peoples, and inclusion is nice. I actually have Jewish friends, who observe Hanukah, can I not say Happy Holidays and include all of them and whoever else? Besides, the fact is that Jesus was probably actually born in June and Christmas was adopted from Winter Solstice festivals going back to the friggin' cavemen. So, if one wanted to be absolutely correct and Christian, then he should be putting his tree together in June, except that the tree is actually a German pagan tradition honoring the spirits that they believed lived in evergreen trees and could bring back life to the world after the winter.

It may not always be political correctness, just courtesy.

I will never use Xmas. That's just lazy.

From: "Aguirre, Adan" <AAguirre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:24 PM Subject: [tcb] Re: (no subject)

Whatever happened the real cause & words MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 12, 2005 5:43 pm

wow that's pretty old

happy holidays you guys

>From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> >Reply-To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject: [tcb] (no subject) >Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:49:31 -0600 > >To all bus guys and gals: > >HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! And may your bus and other >VWs get everything they want for Xmas. > >This message brought to you by the oldest bus driver among you; and that >includes Denis. >Sammie > >

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on
how to