[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:55:15 -0800 (PST)

Wow, for those kind of prices, I would sell everything and retire!

Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  $43,000! For those of you who watched
Barrett-Jackson last night you know
what I'm talking about. A 65 single cab with full tilt (canvas top for the
back) and painted all the wrong colors (two tone green and white) with
completely incorrect interior (don't know about the engine), but appearing
basically as an original restoration (cept for the paint and interior)
brought $43,000! People have gone absolutely nuts about the early (split)
type II. Course everyone has heard about the 66 non-pop-top westy that
brought $99,000 at the Pebble Beach auction last year. As I said, people
have either gone nuts or I need to put a large lock on my garage and take
out a lot more insurance.
Sammie